Testimonials of 3 Day Dieters
August 2008 -
This diet keeps getting called a "fad diet" as well as "water weight loss only" by many people. Those who say this about the diet obviously have little understanding of how their bodies work.
The three day diet basically limits the dieter to 1000 calories a day. This is the lowest daily caloric intake that a woman can consume without screwing up her metabolism. (Lower caloric intake will actually slow down your metabolism as your body goes into a hibernation state of storing everything for fear of starving.)
The foods included in the three day diet are foods people should be eating in their diets anyway. Things like: lean meats and vegetables/fruits high in anti-oxidants. The cheese, ice cream and cottage cheese are there for calcium and fat intake (which our bodies do need for proper joint function). Peanut butter also provides this fat intake, but with a protein boost.
The coffee and/or tea provide a caffeine stimulant which has also been known to speed up metabolism, as well as being a part of the daily diets of most Americans.
The portions on at least one meal a day are pretty large and keeps the dieter from being hungry. In addition, certain herbs, spices and condiments are allowed. If you are willing to take the time to cook, the meals actually turn out to be delicious.
Here's a favorite tip for dinner on the first day: I cooked my chicken, green beans and carrots in a wok with Worcestershire sauce and a sodium-free stir fry seasoning. The apple I sliced and sprinkled with cinnamon and sweet-n-low and baked in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes...when this was done, I scooped my one cup of vanilla ice cream on top and had a decadent dessert. I was stuffed after all of this food and didn't feel like I was on a diet at all.
My first week on the diet I actually lost 12 pounds because I started out obese. A more typical result is 7-8 pounds a week. I am very close to reaching my weight loss goals and though I will not sustain a 1000 calorie diet 3 days a week forever...I have integrated some of these meals into my regular diet even when not utilizing the entire 3-day-diet menu. - Marilyn Hodges
Previous testimonials -
- "I lost 8 pounds in 3 days. It really works!" - Jan Bitterfeld, Los Alamitos, CA
- "The meals are very easy to prepare. This is important to me because I have to cook for other family members as well." - Sarah Myers, Albany, NY
- "I can't do any excercise. This diet is just what I needed. Thanks." Ron Sanchez, Corpus Christi, TX
- "I have used your diet 6 times over the past 3 months and I have shed over 47 pounds. I've almost reached my target weight of 150 lbs." - Becky Warner, Decatur, IL
- "This diet uses plain, simple foods. Even I can make it for 3 days." - J. R. Allen, St. Petersburg, FL
- "I dropped 2 dress sizes! I'm going to share this with everyone in my office!" Terry Anderson, Atlanta, GA
- "Since following the diet, I lost 8 pounds the first week and 17 pounds in 2 weeks." - Edward Barrenrang, San Diego, CA
- "I tried your diet and lost 23 pounds! I have tried to lose weight for months, but couldn't." - Mary Lane, Colorado Springs, CO
- "My mother-in-law is quite impressed with diet, because without causing any negative effect to her health, she was able to lose 8 lb. I thank you on behalf of my mother-in-law. " Donna Vasquez, Bethesda, MD
- "I am placing an order on behalf of my friends. I used to suffer from constipation; but now it's gone. Also I lost 14 lb. I used to have doubts on any type of dieting. But 3 Day Diet cleared my doubts." Tanya Johnson, Louisville, KY
- "I started using the 3 Day Diet one month after I gave a birth to a baby. At that time, I weighed 113 lb. I lost 2.5 lb. each day and lost total of 7.5 lb. (I am 5 feet 2 inches. )" J. Hwang, Seattle, WA
- "I am doing so well on this diet, I want to send a copy to a friend of mine. I am on week 6 and have lost 46 pounds." Jean Conners, Carson City, NV
- "This is the most commonsense diet regimen I have ever run across in my 69 years and hope and pray others will find out about and try it. Thank you again." Penny Jackson, Lansing, MI
- "This is a great diet. I've already lost 16 pounds and have only been on the diet 2 weeks! I also appreciate being able to ask questions along the way. Thanks!" Les Blumberg
- "I lost all the weight I needed to and I am now on the maintenance program. This is the easiest diet I have been on." Thomas DeWitt, Scottsdale, AZ